At Code and Theory, Associate Creative Directors make and inspire work that is distinctive and effective. We are seeking an ACD-level team to ideate and execute a digitally-fluent campaign for an iconic American brand. Our goal is to drive reappraisal of this brand and forge new emotional connections through creative work that weaves a deft understanding of the research, strategy and offerings. We’ll leverage the creativity and novelty of B2C work—for a B2B audience.
Your portfolio(s) should present campaigns that are clearly grounded in strategy and manifest in unexpected ways; we are not looking for traditional broadcast work, but rather content for a diverse ecosystem that includes social, print, experiential, site, interactive OOH and much more.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create and execute unique campaign concepts for a B2B audience, with a digital-first mentality and expression
- Develop nuanced verbal and visual systems that flex across channels and audiences
- Work seamlessly as a team, but not in a vacuum; you’ll integrate other team members, from creatives to company leaders to content, brand and product strategists
- Ensure that creative integrity is maintained throughout the production process
- Lead and do; even at the highest levels of this company, we are makers
- 5-7+ years of experience in a digital agency, with some management responsibilities
- Eloquence and confidence with highly savvy clients, both in day-to-day interactions and major presentations
- B2C and B2B campaign work for major brands
- Strong portfolio(s) with a diversity of work beyond broadcast: must have web, social, print, interactive OOH, experiential, etc.
- Innate curiosity for the client's business and how to help them through the work
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long- and short-term disability. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, monthly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.