At Code and Theory, our Associate Design Directors create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and clean. They cut through the crossed wires and static to facilitate a clear and coherent working environment, often juggling simultaneous client projects of varying proportions. We will always choose an open mind and desire to inspire and learn over a mile-long resume.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The bread and butter of our visual design team is the development of platform-driven client sites, mobile and media applications, and internal tools that deliver smart and forward-thinking design solutions. As an Associate Design Director, we'll likely to ask you to:
- Lead efforts to develop creative concepts and implementations in a cross-disciplinary manner, working with strategists, producers, and developers to establish smart, creative approaches for each assignment
- Develop strategy, vision and concepts, set design direction and provide hands-on guidance to both internal and external teams
- Champion and generate ideas around innovative and effective digital communications, interface design, and interaction design
- Hire, inspire, mentor and train designers of all levels to create usable ideas that streamline solutions across existing and emerging platforms, setting design standards for the team and department
- Partner with internal teams on new business initiatives and work as the creative lead on pitches
While we are an open and creative group at Code and Theory, we do have some concrete asks for this position. To be an effective Associate Design Director, you should have:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the creative/ design industry with an exciting portfolio of digital-first work
- Proven ability to design for multiple interface and platforms in an agency, studio or product-side environment, with a deep understanding of all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional
- Excellent communication skills, whether it’s verbal, written, cross-department or across the globe
- A professional and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship building
- Passion, curiosity, and understanding for digital media as well as the marketing industry, and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.